Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Engagement

It's official.. We are engaged!!
Michael's parents are in town for the week so we decided that we would head up to Park City for the weekend to be with them. On our drive up there Michael asked if I had ever been to/heard of Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.. I told him I loved that place.
We got up to his parents time share around 6ish, we had dinner and hung out with the kids for a little while. Then around 8 or so Michael wanted to go get some caramel apples, so Michael's Dad, sister Melissa, Michael and I bundled up and walked to the Chocolate factory. Once we arrived we picked out 4 different apples to take back and share with everyone else. Connected to the chocolate factory is a bookstore Michael said he wanted to go look around so we did.. we walked around for a little while not really looking anything, then Michael saw a book that said California on it.. he picked it up and said he missed California, but good thing we will get to end up there, he then pulled a book off the shelf above and there was a picture of us on the book. (I was in shock) I had NO idea what was going on, then he asked if I new what today was (feb. 3) I said yes, it's our anniversary. He opened the book, I looked up at him SO serious and said "what are you doing" he laughed and started reading, it was a book about us.. our first date, first kiss, and when we first said I Love You.. stuff like that. On the last page it said "JULY 20 2012 Today is the beginning of ETERNITY" he then handed me the book and got down on his knee and asked me to merry him.. I said YESSSSS then gave him a big hug and kiss!!
Then to find out later Melissa was taking pictures and his Dad video taped the hole thing!
I am SO happy I get to spend ETERNITY with his boy, I LOVE him SO much and I can't wait to see what the future has in store or us! :)





5 comments:

  1. I say YES also!!!
    I am 'officially' SO happy for both of you!
    Keep up your special book, by adding new chapters, lots and lots of chapters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I just cried! :)

    I almost cried when Letti told me the story earlier, but reading in your words sealed the deal. I am so beyond happy for you Syd! I love the way he did it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way he proposed and all the time and planning that went into it. Way to go Michael. I am so happy for the both of you. I can't wait until July 20th.

    PS I love the ring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved hearing the story from you!! Oh, it makes me happy. I am so excited for you Syd! What a fun start to your engagement and marriage.

    ReplyDelete